Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SHREM'S FUTURE ANTHEMS: I WROTE THE BOOK - Beth Ditto




Scroll down to number 62 on my list of top 200 best songs of the last decade to see how it all started... The wizards of electronica Simian Mobile Disco have just teamed up again with this planet's coolest of all female vocalists, Gossip's Beth Ditto to an enormously fabulous effect. Deconstruction released La Ditto's solo "EP" yesterday exclusively via Beatport. 4 solid, fiercely melodic and stunningly produced songs, the very first epic thing to happen in music in 2011. I tend to get quite pompous when it comes to music, but just like back in 2008 when I heard Hercules & Love Affair's "Blind" for the very first time, having claimed it to be the song of the year even though it was only January, I have the exact euphoric feeling about this one particular song below...

I wrote the book by Deconstruction Records