Sunday, March 10, 2013

SHREM'S BIGGIES BUT GOODIES BASKET: "CLOSER" - Lulu James


Quite fittingly around the International Women's Day I have discovered a whole bunch of new female musical talents, ladies who I shall follow closely from now on. The enigmatic Empress Of, the soulful MOKO, the oneiric Rina Sawayama and now the fabulous Lulu James whose previous single "Be Safe" I must admit didn't blow my mind. Her latest offering, "Closer" seduced me instantly with its powerful yet understated production, the ultra-stylish video, 1990's flashbacks and the undeniably strong melody. I realise I tend to get excited and hyper over new music very easily but this song seriously is among the best ones I heard all year so far. An utter beauty on so many levels. The EP is out 5th April!



Closer (12" Mix) - Lulu James by Lulu James