Sunday, January 1, 2012

SHREM'S 2011 COUNTDOWN OF CHOONS - 30-21

30 "Boadicea" - Mason feat. Róisín Murphy - while waiting (very) patiently for some more solo material, my number one muse Miss Róisín Murphy treated us to some delicious collaborations this year and apparently there's more to come in 2012, I was humming this one away for months!


29 "Call Your Girlfriend" - Robyn - as much as I worshipped Robyn's "Body Talk" last year this was never my favourite track on her spectacular triptych in 2010... It wasn't until this video... Eternally in love with this pure pop perfection of a gem now!


28 "My Friends Will Always Say..." - FaltyDL - UK Garage made in US with a haunting vocal sample which sounds like taken from some lost Lauryn Hill song... The year 2011 the year when I re-fell in love with 2-step...


27 "Cherry Picking" - Toddla T feat. Róisín Murphy - La Murphy goes all rough urban & dirty for Mr T's album - effortlessly the best song of the whole set!


26 "Abracadabra" - Brown Eyed Girls - there's no year without at least one cheesy K-POP anthem ha? Still one of the most viewed videos on my blog one of the catchiest choruses I heard all year!


25 "Calling Out" - Midnight Magic - I can't praise Midnight Magic enough! Their very special take on disco is so fresh and funky, every single track they released this year was excellent plus Tiffany Roth was my number 1 female vocalist of the year by a long mile!


24 "Deep Inside" - Gus Gus - and the Icelandic saga continues...


23 "In The Heat" - Jessica 6 - I'd absolutely love if Nomi Ruiz & co decided to release this as their next single, such a groovy tune
IN THE HEAT by Peacefrog Records

22 "212" - Azealia Banks feat. Lazy J - so new and already timeless! I have welcome the 2012 dancing my socks off to it at midnight yesterday!


21 "Lola (Ging Danga)" - Maluca + The Partysquad - Dominican answer to M.I.A. scored a top 50 track on my end of the year ranking second year running, modern rave anthem latino style!