Saturday, October 16, 2021

SHREM'S LIST OBSESSION: 35 YEARS OF ÜBER-NERDINESS → 1987-2021 REVIVAL [Episode 1/35 - 1987]


This autumn marks 35 years since I've begun compiling my very own #Top20 chart, subsequently becoming a music-obsessed über-nerd. Not that much has changed in this department ever since that one afternoon in 1987, well maybe aside from some of my musical choices... To celebrate this important milestone of mine, I am embarking on a 35-episode long series reviving 10 of my most beloved tracks from each year of my list's existence, starting in 1987 all the way to the culmination of this project at the end of this year when I should be hopefully ready to make up my mind about my Top 10 Best of 2021! Each episode will be part of the same blog thread here, complemented by a gradually updated Spotify playlist. Will you join me on this sentimental journey of mine? Let's dig in, back in the year when it all started... 

#Shrems19872021Revival

Follow the 1987-2021 Playlist on Spotify!

Honourable mentions:

“Sign o' the Times” – Prince


“Come into My Life” – Joyce Sims


“Don't You Want Me (Dance Remix)” – Jody Watley


“Diamonds (Cool Summer Mix Edit)” – Herb Alpert feat. Janet Jackson


“Shame (Dance Mix)” – Eurythmics


Top 10 of 1987

10 “The Rhythm Divine” – Yello feat. Shirley Bassey


“Wishing Well” – Terence Trent D'Arby


“Girlfriend” – Pebbles


“Father Figure” – George Michael


“Behind the Wheel” – Depeche Mode


“Causing a Commotion” – Madonna



“Im Nin’Alu” – Ofra Haza


“La Isla Bonita (Extended Remix)” – Madonna


“U Got the Look” – Prince feat. Sheena Easton


“Beethoven (I Love to Listen To)” – Eurythmics