Monday, April 15, 2013

SHREM'S LATE MONDAY NIGHT SESSIONS: "COME TO MY EMPIRE" - Hypno Love + Arpanet Remix

For some strange reason I've always been convinced Hypnolove was a one-off project. Apparently I was wrong. Now the mysterious French act responsible for making "Mademoiselle" - one of the most played tracks on my iTunes, and for camouflaging Feist under the alter-ego of Bitch Lap Lap ("Get To Know The Girl"!!!) has announced the arrival of their 2nd full length album. "Ghost Carnival", produced by Ed Banger's Mickey Moonlight, is out on April 22nd in France, and May 13th worldwide. The first single "Come To My Empire", a sleek mélange of noir disco and electro reminded me slightly of another rather enigmatic French act from a few years ago who goes by the pseudonym Colder. Influenced by both disco and pop as well as Talking Heads, Prince and Walker Brothers, it sounds like the new album will fit right in between the releases by Kavinsky and Sébastien Tellier other acts brought by Hypnolove's current label Record Makers. Intriguing.

Hypnolove - Come To My Empire by Record Makers

Hypnolove - Come To My Empire (Arpanet Remix) by Record Makers