Monday, July 9, 2012

SHREM'S LIST OBSESSION: Top 10 Favourite Björk Rarities

Björk has a solid spot among the artists I admire the most as you might have noticed by now... I was aware of The Sugarcubes but it wasn't until the moment I heard "Come To Me" from "Debut" for the very first time when I fell in love with her so deeply and obsessively. I've been a passionate devotee, an admirer and a completist collector of her solo material ever since. Through all of her vibrant and ever so versatile career so far, Miss Guðmundsdóttir treated us fans, to numerous fantastic hidden gems and treasures in the shape of generously distributed b-sides, bewildering collaborations and genre-redefining remixes. Before I come up with a top 10 of Björk mixes here's a juicy selection for my very own most beloved of her rarities:


10 "Karvel"
YEAR: 1997
FROM: "I Miss You" single

   Björk - "Karvel" by SHREM

09 "Verandi"
YEAR: 2001
FROM: "Hidden Place" single



08 "Sod Off"
YEAR: 1997
FROM: "Joga" single



07 "Keep Your Mouth Shut" - with Tricky
YEAR: 1996
FROM: "Nearly God" by Tricky



06 "I Go Humble"
YEAR: 1996
FROM: "Isobel" single

   Bjork - I Go Humble by alexandroid

05 "My Snare" [aka "Nature is Ancient"]
YEAR: 1997
FROM: "Bachelorette" single



04 "So Broken"
YEAR: 1997
FROM: "Joga" single



03 "Generous Palmstroke"
YEAR: 2001
FROM: "Hidden Place" single



02 "Lilith" - with Plaid
YEAR: 1997
FROM: "Not For Threes" by Plaid

   Plaid feat. Björk - "Lilith" by SHREM

01 "Amphibian"
YEAR: 1999
FROM: "Being John Malkovich" soundtrack

   Bjork - Amphibian by user1558180