Saturday, February 2, 2019

CHOON OF THE DAY: "GOTS TO GIVE THE GIRL" - Unperfect


Last time I was THIS excited about a new girl band was when Sugababes' dropped their magnificent debut single "Overload" back in 2000... Well maybe once more when I heard "(H)Ours" by Juce 3 years ago. Any information about this up & coming quartet is scarce at the minute but what we know is that Unperfect have just released one of the most sophisticated, effortlessly cool pop singles I've heard in months. A mélange of genres, surprising choice of instruments and delectably subtle 90's echoes make "Gots to Give the Girl" such an instantly appealing, somewhat familiar and immediately catchy groove. On top of the sleek production, these girls can also sing! I'm gonna keep an eye on Soipan, Chloe, Tiah and Siobhan as I sense big things just around the corner.





And here are the songs by Sugababes and Juce I mentioned above: