Saturday, September 29, 2018

SHREM'S DOUBLE TROUBLE: "ONE MORE" - Yaeji /// "FOCUS (Yaeji Remix)" - Charli XCX


Yaeji is keeping herself busy with this double offering of new sounds. The Korean producer is serving her brand new track "One More" together with a delightful remix of Charli XCX's "Focus" she has adorned with her own vocals. The pulsating "One More" brings back sweet memories of her earliest works such as "New York 93" or "Feel It Out", mixing house and electronica elements in her own signature kooky style.

Here's how Yaeji herself describes the mood of the track and its eclectic and ever-changing production on her Instagram account:

"I started writing this track while experiencing deep growing pains. I felt lost in my life's quick change of pace, and was betrayed by someone I trusted. I needed to write this song to understand what was happening around me. Throughout the next few months, I kept revisiting the track, adding and taking away bits, changing the synth completely, rewriting a part of the lyrics—it was a constantly changing piece that documented the process of my transformation. Listening to the earliest version of the song through its evolution, I remembered the times I was confused or angry, processed those feelings, understood my pains, and finally felt like I gained a bit of control over it all. "One More" is about enduring and coming to terms with pain until you have the strength to forgive and move on."