Saturday, May 12, 2012
SHREM'S EXCLUSIVE: PERFECT PARTY PLAYLIST VOL. 4 by Hard Ton
I am completely over the moon to receive another exclusive party playlist, this time around all the way from sunny Italia. I have been continuously and stubbornly praising and supporting Hard Ton for the past two years, easily one of the most brazen, most flamboyant and artistically most generous acts on the current global dance scene. Grazie di cuore for your discolicious contribution!
As Hard Ton states on his Facebook page he is "a Fierce, Flamboyant, Sexy Bear Disco Queen". The rest of his online biography is so wittily written I'd rather just quote it than try to re-vamp it. "Hard Ton is the XXL disco diva of the XXI Century! His Sylvester styled falsettos conjure up the smoky, poppers-fuelled dancefloors of Hi-NRG mixed with a completely contemporary sound of accelerated beats and screaming acid basslines. Using, exclusively, analogue and vintage gear from the 303, 606, 707, Oberheim DMX, Korg Monopoly, MS20, Prophet V5, the list goes on and is a calling card to any gear-nerd. But the music never becomes stiff or contrived, in fact it always remains fun, as expected when you play with equipment that lives and dies by its own unpredictable rules. With his 150kg, Hard Ton is a Giorgio Moroder low-fat grooves model meeting a heavyweight Chicago Trax queen machine." Also sometimes described as "Dis-Grace Jones", Hard Ton caught my attention 2 years ago with the release of his Italo Disco redefining EP "Selfish". It's been a non-stop queer electro festival of exuberant underground dancefloor anthems, outrageous videos, saucy live performances and incalculable guest appearances ever since.
MOST VIBRANT MOMENTS:
HARD TON FACEBOOK
HARD TON TWITTER
HARD TON SOUNDCLOUD
HARD TON YOUTUBE
PERFECT PARTY PLAYLIST by Hard Ton:
1. Eight Wonder "I'm Not Scared (10")" - I love the 80's, who says that the 80's were just about flamboyant looks and cheesy tunes, they just don't know how to have fun.
2. Phyllis Nelson "I Like You" - I like "I Like You" a lot! It's pure fun and happiness.
3. Dimitri From Paris, Dj Rocca feat. Hard Ton "Pretty Baby" - It was such a pleasure and honour to collaborate with Dimitri and Rocca that I had to mention this! Check the mash-up video that we recently did:
4. Luomo "The Present Lover" - To me Luomo is one of the best underground producers of the last decade, his classy uncoventional touch shows that dance music still has got something to say.
5. Lipps Inc. "How Long" - A classic disco anthem, the ideal track to flirt with someone on the dancefloor.
6. Martha Wash & Izora Armstead "Got The Feeling" - Two tons of fun and two incredible voices for a hypercaloric track. That's the way i like it.
7. Technotronic "Pump Up The Jam" - I don't care if it's tacky, I just can't keep my feet on the ground when i listen to it.
8. Dj Rolando a.k.a. The Aztec Mystic "Jaguar" - A classic, a masterpiece, to be danced till the very last beat.
9. Discodromo feat. Hard Ton "Build a House (Tensnake Remix)" - No, it's not an ego issue, it's just that this remix always sets the dancefloor on fire. You don't believe me? Try it out!
10. Janet Jackson "If (Brothers in Rhythm House Mix)" - "If i was your girl, oh the things i'd do to you..." Well if i was a girl, i'd buy me a Chanel, size XXXXL, merci!