Wednesday, July 13, 2011

10 ACTS NOT TO BE MISSED AT LOVEBOX ON SUNDAY (OUT & OUT FIERCE)


So the sunday line-up at this year's Lovebox in Victoria Park, London is some sort of a phenomena in my books. When I scanned through it first a few weeks ago, slightly in disbelief and hyped up to the max, I booked my flight to London, ticket to the festival and accomodation all in less than half hour... Now the day is just around the corner so I thought it'd be nice to share with you all who might very possibly be my highlights of the out & out fierce edition of Lovebox... I arranged it all neatly in a top 10 (surprise surprise!) as I'm sure you know by now how fond I am of list making :-)

10. VILLA - Mysterious belgian trio that stole my heart with their "Diva Edits" a while back. 09. PEACHES - "I feel cream" thinking of seeing Peaches live for the first time even if it's just a dj set I'm sure it'll be a set like no other!
08. THE JUAN MACLEAN - always standing in the shadow of the mighty James-LCD Soundsystem-Murphy, Maclean is in fact my personal biggest hero from the DFA label, really hope I can count on "Crush The Liberation" and "Happy House"


07. TENSNAKE - bringing back the 1990's big style, needless to say "Coma Cat" will be one of the biggest Lovebox anthems that weekend:

TENSNAKE - Coma Cat (Radio Edit) by onelovemusic

06. KELIS - really hope she does "Emancipate" and that flamboyant mash-up of "Milkshake" and La Ciccone's "Holiday" that has recently became
la spécialité during her gigs...
05. SHIT ROBOT - I have just realised with a bit of luck both The Juan Maclean and Shit Robot might be joined on stage by wonderful Nancy Whang as she graced tracks by both artists with her cool vocals...



04. HARD TON - this should be an ultra-camp feast of glitter and fabulousness, newly crowned Italo disco queen Hard Ton aka "Dis-Grace Jones" was my number one favourite new act in 2010, dying to see him perform both his own nu disco gems as well as some of the tunes he flawlessly featured on (for Heels of Love, Ajello, Stefano e bene, The Barking Dogs among others)


03. BETH DITTO - as long as she does the whole EP she has recorded with Simian Mobile Disco earlier on this year, I will be in sonic heaven. Visually I'll be in heaven too as Miss Ditto is one of my fashion icons and a fierce performer. Really curious to see what trick has she up her sleeve during her solo performance... Being able to admire "I wrote the book" will be something else as the song still stands out as my favourite track so far in 2011...

I Wrote The Book by Beth Ditto

02. ROBYN - super-energetic, unstoppable, ridiculously hot and indestructible... Natural born performer. Watching Robyn live is just a festival on its own!

01. AZARI & III - Dinamo Azari, Alixander III, Starving Yet Full, Fritz Helder - 4 canadians who rescued the good name of house music, released "Reckless (With Your Love)" the best song in 2010 in my humble opinion (along with 4 other spectacular singles), remixed tracks by Robyn, Cut Copy, Friendly Fires (sometimes scoring better results than the original artists) and are about to release their long anticipated self-titled debut album which might potentially end up being the album of the year... For all those reasons and more this is the act I'm mostly excited about seeing at Lovebox this year! Here's their latest single - "Manic" - pure genius!

Manic by Azari & III