Monday, January 30, 2017

SHREM'S WORLDLY DELIGHTS: "BEBIN" - Sevdaliza


One of my favourite artists of the past 2 years, the multi-talented electronic producer, singer and performance artist - Sevdaliza, has just released "Bebin" accompanied by a truly powerful statement on her Facebook Page. Written, composed and co-produced by the artist herself, "Bebin" is an ethereal and emotional journey into subtle synths, exquisite strings and the linguistic paradise that is Farsi...

“In protest of the inhumane political climate, I could not rest my head in privilege. I wrote ‘Bebin’ in Farsi, to solidify. I stand strong with love. In this case I choose to avoid mainstream media, because I have no interest in part taking in a victimized concept. As I will not be able to travel to the United States for indefinite duration, take this without lights, camera, action. I am solely a messenger. In the brain of love, there is no place for racism nor bigotry.”

Purchase it now on Bandcamp. All donations will be immediately transferred towards funds supporting victims of racial exclusion.