Thursday, October 6, 2016

SHREM'S EXCLUSIVE: PERFECT PARTY PLAYLIST VOL. 15 by Alinka


It's such a thrill that Dj Alinka agreed to put together this vibrant list of her top party tracks especially for SHREM'S CAROUSEL OF ÜBER NERDINESS. Along with one of the club scene's most prolific vocalists - Shaun J. Wright, they continue to inspire with their unstoppable series of quality house records. The pair bonded over their shared love for house music back in 2012 and launched their very own, Chicago based label Twirl Records soon after. I have featured many of Alinka and Shaun's singles on my annual "Best Of" rankings: "Love Inspired" in 2013, "Wait For Love" + "Journey Into The Deep" in 2014 and "It Keeps Turning" + "Love Songs" in 2015 to name just a few. I had Shaun J Wright guest-appear in the very same "Perfect Party Playlist" thread before so I'm even more delighted Alinka found time to submit her playlist between remixes, her new solo and collaborative releases and frequent dj sets! Thank you!

Connect with ALINKA:
Facebook Page
Twirl Records
Twitter
Soundcloud








PERFECT PARTY PLAYLIST by Alinka:

1. Cajmere - "Give Me Luv"

Cajmere is my ultimate! Too many Cajual tracks to choose from but this one was always a favorite.



2. Nice & Wild - "Diamond Girl"

Lots of summertime Chicago moments with this track.



3. The Daou - "Surrender Yourself"

For the dancers!



4. Alejandro Paz - "Duro (Diegors Un Poquito Mas Dub Version)"

I’ve played this almost every set for the past year, love Alejandro Paz and Cómeme.



5. Talking Heads - "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)"

This song seems to come on whenever anything significant is happening in my life and I usually close my eyes and dance like a lunatic, sometimes in tears, always free.



6. Hercules & Love Affair - "Athene"

I used to watch this Pitchfork session at my office job when I had no idea what I was going to do with my life and was super bummed out and not really making music. It was the first time I felt like I could relate to anyone making music that I loved. It sort of saved my life. Two years later I met my best friend Shaun J. Wright and my whole life changed, and here we are today.



7. 33 1/3 Queen - "Searchin'"

Found this record when I was going through my collection packing up to move to Berlin, fucking brilliant!



8. Fockewulf 190 - "Body Heat"

Classic!



9. Mr. Lee - "I Can’t Forget"

Literally can’t forget this song ☺



10. Shaun J. Wright & Alinka - "Love Inspired"

Shameless self promotion. The first track we did together, and still one of my favorites.