Saturday, January 11, 2014

SHREM'S CLUB BIZARRE INTRODUCING: "I NEVER LOVED THIS HARD THIS FAST BEFORE" + "VIA PIERO GOBETTI 15" - Tami Tamaki


The first time I had an undeniable pleasure to encounter Tami Tamaki's mind-blowing "I Never Loved This Hard This Fast Before" was thanks to one of my most favourite blogs out there Catch Fire. It left me flabbergasted, speechless and in "an avalanche of goosebumps" as I like to describe this rare sensation... Every next time I came back to listen to it this week, it had an almost opposite effect on me. All I wanted was to talk about it, spread the word, share it and make everyone I know, everyone that cares about uniqueness in music as deeply as myself, listen to it at least once. I don't know anything about the enigmatic Tami Tamaki but this track completely swept me off my feet. "I Never Loved This Hard This Fast Before" electrifies with its rawness, honesty, simplicity, minimalism while still managing to be an elaborate, powerful, unforgettable piece of music. The melody and the production have absolutely stolen my heart, I must admit... "Cute lovesong performed totally live with beatboxing and looping and stuff" as Tamaki describes herself (himself?). Fucking genius indeed.

Tami Tamaki welcomes 2014 with a new, future R&B song too "Via Piero Gobetti 15" which she generously gives away for free on her Soundcloud (you can also download it below). One of a kind, exhilarating, staggering and raunchy.



Via Piero Gobetti 15 by Tami Tamaki