Tuesday, June 4, 2013

CHOON OF THE DAY: "THE HUNTER" - Marnie


I've always been more than keen on Ladytron and their signature instantly recognisable sound. The Liverpool synth-pop machine delivered 5 astounding records and is now taking a brief break while the quartet's lead vocalist Helen Marnie decided to make her first solo album in Reykjavík. "For the past year I’ve been writing more than ever, and i’m so pleased with the results thus far. The album, as yet untitled, is straight from the heart. I can’t put it any other way. It means a lot. It is me, noone else. It is everything around me, my loves, my life, hopes and loss. I wanted to create an electronic album with more of a pop element and pristine vocals. Lyrically, the album is expansive, but the Elements do play a part in much of the record, with the sea being particularly dominant and reoccurring. So, with the sea in mind and beautiful landscapes, I decided to fly to Iceland to record in a studio there. The light is so pretty, the air fresh, the sea vast, that I thought it would be the perfect setting to record." - Marnie explains on Pledge Music where you can support this release. "Crystal World" is a must have for every Ladytron maniac out there.