Monday, May 6, 2013

SHREM'S CLUB BIZARRE INTRODUCING: "BROOKLYN GIRL" + "ENIGMATIC" - Cola & Jimmu [Nicole Willis & Jimi Tenor]


I first discovered Jimi Tenor, Finland's prime ambassador of electronica and now also afro-beat and jazz, back in 1997 with the release of his 3rd solo album "Intervision" via Warp. That's also when I fell in love with "Can't Stay With You Baby" - one of my all-time favourite tracks. I first discovered Tenor's talented wife Nicole Willis when she dropped her fantastic vintage soul inspired record with The Soul Investigators back in 2006. Now the multi-gifted pair return with a collaborative album "Enigmatic" under the alias Cola & Jimmu out on 10th May. Both songs available already ooze sonic brilliance and suggest a full-on underground oldskool house extravaganza. I have high hopes for this one...