Saturday, March 10, 2012

SHREM'S LIST OBSESSION: Top 10 Guilty Pleasure Acts

I thought it'd be quite funny to kick in my brand new thread which will look at my personal top 10 lists in different categories, genres, styles, decades etc. with a list of top 10 so called Guilty Pleasure acts you could find among my music library at home. This is a massive kitsch overdose of the best of apparently the worst music acts which I have completely fallen for all through the years. This is about unveiling the tackiest side of my collections. I do love a bit of kitsch me...

10 Erasure
THREE TOP TUNES: "Blue Savannah", "Love To Hate You", "Breath Of Life"
FAVOURITE ALBUM: "Circus"

MOST PLAYED: "Blue Savannah"



09 Five Star

THREE TOP TUNES: "System Addict", "Can't Wait Another Minute", "The Slightest Touch"
FAVOURITE ALBUM: "Silk and Steel"
MOST PLAYED:
"The Slightest Touch"



08 Paula Abdul

THREE TOP TUNES: "U" (with Prince), "Cold Hearted", "Straight Up"
FAVOURITE ALBUM: "Forever Your Girl"

MOST PLAYED: "Cold Hearted"


07 Army of Lovers

THREE TOP TUNES: "My Army Of Lovers", "Supernatural", "La Plage De Saint Tropez"
FAVOURITE ALBUM: "Massive Luxury Overdose"

MOST PLAYED: "Crucified"


06 Mel & Kim

THREE TOP TUNES: "Showing Out (Get Fresh At The Weekend)", "Respectable", "That's The Way It Is"
FAVOURITE ALBUM: "F.L.M."

MOST PLAYED:
"Respectable"



05 Páll Óskar

THREE TOP TUNES: "Stanslaust Stuð", "Sama Hvar Þú Ert", "Better Be Good"
FAVOURITE ALBUM: "Seif"

MOST PLAYED: "Better Be Good"


04 Bananarama
THREE TOP TUNES: "More Than Physical", "Dance With A Stranger", "Bad For Me"
FAVOURITE ALBUM: "True Confessions"

MOST PLAYED: "More Than Physical"



03 Amanda Lear

THREE TOP TUNES: "Queen of Chinatown", "Follow Me", "Fashion"
FAVOURITE ALBUM:
"I Am A Photograph"
MOST PLAYED: "Queen of Chinatown"


02 ABBA

THREE TOP TUNES: "Dancing Queen", "Lay All Your Love On Me", "Summer Night City"
FAVOURITE ALBUM: "Arrival"

MOST PLAYED: "Dancing Queen"



01 Betty Boo


THREE TOP TUNES: "Hey DJ / I Can't Dance (To That Music You're Playing)", "Doin' The Do", "Skin Tight"
FAVOURITE ALBUM: "Grrr! It's Betty Boo"
MOST PLAYED: "Thing Goin' On"