Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Crème de la crème: JANUARY 2011

Can you believe the first month of 2011 is already gone? As it usually happens in January my chart is filled out with quite a few lost gems of the past year that I have missed out on. Here we go then, Shrem's very first Crème de la crème ranking in 2011...

20 (N) - Singular - Discodeine Feat. Matias Aguyao
- even better than the Jarvis Cocker collaboration, I have heard it first @ nosnobsallowed.tv which I can't recommend enough... 19 (N) - Just Vybe (Soule:Power Mix) - DVA & Fatima - urban scene is at its peak these days with its countless hybrids of soul, hip-hop, funk and grime, such an eclectic mixture of sounds, influences and collaborations, here's one of the examples, listed as one of the best singles of 2010 by The FACT magazine...18 (N) - Church Song - The Miracles Club - a cacophonic nu-disco underground anthem-in-the-making for all the SSION, Glass Candy and Farah followers, check out their brilliant party video here

17 (N) - Average Fruit (10.4 Rog Grade School Crush Version) - Quadron - Danish duo does jazzy downtempo like no one else...16 (N) - Morning Star - BUBBLE CLUB - a house stomper with this month's most vibrant record sleeve15 (N) - Indigo - Azari & III - somewhere between the ultimate adoration of their other singles, particularly "Reckless (With Your Love)" and "Into The Night", both listed among top 20 best tracks of 2010, I forgot about this gritty little house number... Well better late than ever...
Azari & III - Indigo by DISCODUST

14 (N) - Blend Revised - UpHigh Collective Feat. Delvis - everything I said at number 19 + even more kudos...
13 (N) - Creature - Kim Ann Foxman - the single is finally out, accompanied by last year's most stylish music video...
12 (N) - Lights On - Katy B. Feat. Ms Dynamite - right every so often I do fall for a chart single plus I have a soft spot for MsDynamitee-ee...
11 (N) - My Friends Will Always Say... - FaltyDL10 (N) - Take 'Em Up - Shit Robot Feat. Nancy Whang - the video is ace!


09 (N) - Remember - Kingdom & Tiombe Lockhart - Cubic Zirconia's Tiombe Lockhart reinventing 2-step sounds of the early Noughties... 08 (N) - Do You Need Someone - Beth Ditto

07 (N) - Let's Do It Again (Over and Over) - Great Weekend - Mr Gilles Peterson compiles only the grooviest of the sounds, this one is such a treasure!!! On the loop on my i-tunes for the past 2 months...
Great Weekend – Let's Do It Again (Over & Over) by robert3757

06 (N) - My House - Hercules & Love Affair Feat. Shaun J Wright - the biggest house anthem since Azari & III's "Reckless" last year...


05 (N) - Time Machine - Robyn - yet another epic song by Sweden's most prolific of all pop artists...


Time Machine by robyn

04 (N) - In the Middle - Daz-I-Kue & Joy Jones - groove is in their hearts now!

03 (N) - Garden of Lies - Georges Vert - while anticipating some new Sebastien Tellier material, this ultra-sexy French leftfield moment should keep us all content
02 (N) - Let's Go - FCL - let there be house music all night long! Massive!

01 (N) - I Wrote The Book - Beth Ditto - I said it all already I think. Just one more word: G...E...N...I...U...S...!