Monday, May 3, 2010

THE DECADE IN SONGS: 1

PARADISE (NOT FOR ME) - MADONNA





ALBUM: "PRODUCTION" - Mirwais / "MUSIC" - Madonna
MY I-CHOONS COUNT: 37
BEST REMIX: no official remixes
KEY LYRICS: "There is a light
above my head
into your eyes
my face remains..."

RELEASE DATE: 2000
MYSPACE




I remember the moment very vividly. The very first time I heard the song on the radio while at home in Poland. Still feel equally electrified every single time I go for this 6 minutes long sonic journey of exquisite sounds. Credited as La Madone on Mirwais Ahmadzaï's debut album "PRODUCTION" this was and still is Madonna's strongest song moment of her entire catalogue in my humble opinion. The lyrics, the production, the melody, the vocoder, the goosebump causing strings, the whole package - it is the one classified as MASTERPIECE in my music library. Sadly because of Madonna's huge commercial success many music nerds could have easily missed out on this one on purpose. Well it is my most beloved musical moment of the past 10 years. Period. Very subjective I know, but hey this is how this blog works:-) So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls I give you PARADISE (NOT FOR ME) - Shrem's favourite song of the decade: